Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Got Shoes?

So most people know that I have a fasination on atheletic shoes. It all started when I was young and got my first pair of Air Jordans with my own money. First it started off with only basketball shoes, but then running or training shoes came into play. Then the addiction started!

Now I can say that I dont know how many pairs of shoes I own, but I do know that my love for shoes or "kicks" is very theraputic to me. I often find myself looking at all different types of shoes from basketball, training, and recently running shoes. I have used my knowledge of shoes to help my fitness training client pick the right shoe for them. Or I will educate them upon the importance of having the right shoe for their workouts.

If I have a new client, one of the first things I look at are their shoes. If they have the same pair they have had the past 10 years, I usually tell them that it would be in their best interest to invest in a good pair of shoes for their workouts with me and when they workout by themselves. Your walking or running pattern or if you do or dont have an arch on your foot can determine what kind of shoe you will need. I have no arch on my foot, so I am labeled as an "overpronator". Some other feet with high arches will be in different shoes than me. Of course the right shoes for you might run you some $, but think about how much time you spend on your feet. It will be worth it in the end of the day when your feet do not hurt from the wrong pair of shoes.

There are some great companies out there that will help you pick out the right shoe for your workouts.
1. Road Runner Spots, www.roadrunnersports.com
2. Snails Pace, www.runasnailspace.com
*these companies can be visited
Some websites great for buying shoes for a great price are:
1. Zappos.com
2. Ebay.com

So I hope the next time you workout, you have the right pair of KICKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment