Tuesday, May 5, 2009

1000 calorie workout

I just got done working out at the gym for a little over an hour and my heart rate monitor read that I had burned 915 calories! I could not believe it. I just got into a zone in the gym. I dont know about you, but buring that many calories is awesome for me. 1,000 calories is equivalent to eating a 12 inch Turkey sandwich at Subway or eating 2 slices of pizza!

I know that it may seem like it would take forever for you to burn that many calories in 1 workout, but you have to remember some rules to follow to reach this level.

#1-HEART RATE MONITOR:

you must have some kind of way to monitor how many calories you are burning during a workout. I have a polar heart rate monitor that I use with a chest strap. you dont have to buy anything expensive, just something that helps keep track of your heart rate while working out and also gives you calories burned.


#2-KEEP MOVING-

i know it is easy to relax after doing a set of push ups or some lunges. but in order to burn the maximum amout of calories in the gym without staying there until it closes, you must keep moving. so doing "super sets-2 to 3 different exercises during on set of workouts" is key. for example: push ups, lunges, planks.


#3-Speed Kills-

I find that doing exercise in a fast manner helps me feel more like an athlete and gets my competitive insticts out of me. Now i am not saying bench press 300lbs as fast as you can. but try to do exercises that will challenge you do go fast and burn out, without harming yourself. for example: push ups, body weight squats, step ups on a bench.


#4-Look around-

when i look around the gym and see guys counting reps of 3-4 or chatting on the phone or talking to a girl, it motivates me to burn more calories than them. while they are resting, i am busting my ass to do the next set. i find that my heart rate doesnt drop too low and i keep my body temperature high so i can keep buring more calories.


#5-Cardio-

Even after a crazy hard workout like that, i still have to will myself to do some type of cardio. you will see that the elliptical or treadmill that usually is easy for you might be harder since you have at this point used up all your energy and energy reserves. thus, you will work harder on the cardio machine and burn more calories.


GOOD LUCK! FOR MORE QUESTIONS OR FOR A DESIGNED WORKOUT, CALL ME AT 714-612-4162

No comments:

Post a Comment