Sunday, June 28, 2009

One of the hardest 45 min Workouts!

Today started off like any other Sunday. Logan wakes up and I give him to my mom so I can get my Sunday workout in. Josie works, so she cant watch him. I decided to give my body a break yesterday from a workout since I went 6 days without stopping to give my body rest from working out.
So after getting to the gym, I wanted to get my heart rate up, so I went on the big stair climber. I put it on level 6-7 for 20 minutes and just watched Youtube for my entertainment. (basketball, ultimate fighting, etc). Then I went on one of favorite cardio machines at my gym, the hybrid elliptical/stair stepper for about 10 min, resistance 15.
Then time for the hardest part of the workout. After watching Wanderli Silva on youtube train for his fight doing weights, plyometrics, sprints, and kickboxing WITH A SNORKLE ON! (gives him less oxygen to breathe so that his cardio vascular conditioning is bad ass)....I decided to kick my ass for the last 15min of my workout with circuit training. (training multiple body parts in 1 set of exercise)
CIRCUIT #1: 3 SETS
15 x pullups, low cable squat rows, & push ups. My heart rate shot up to 175 bpm (beats per minute)! I did this for 3 sets with as little break in between. But as I did the 2nd & 3rd set, fatigue started to setttle in and my rest time was getting longer and longer. But my max heart rate was still 175+.
CIRCUIT #2: 3 SETS
15 x Clean and Press w/ 75lbs & 10 pushup with 10lb dumbell rows. The first set shot my heart rate up only to 170bpm. But the second and third set killed me at 175-180bpm. At this point of my workout I was ready to throw up or pass out. I felt like I was wearing a snorkle with all the oxygen I was lacking. I knew it was time to slow down and time to end the workout after this set.

So after it was all said and done, I had burned 700 calories in only 45 min of working out! Till the next workout, Take It To the NEXT LEVEL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment