Monday, June 22, 2009

Asian Food

I celebrated my first fathers day yesterday. It was a great feeling to finally be on the this side of the fence. I cannot be a happier person with my son Logan in my arms.
So for fathers day, the women in my family cooked for us. I was looking forward to a great steak with corn on the cobb and some drinks. But then to my suprise, I see filipino food for lunch and then chinese food for dinner! See, what had happened was my brother and dad were craving the filipino food and at night, my dad wanted to get egg drop soup for my sick brother. I am usually pretty good when I get to choose the meals, but I didnt have control of this situation. I didnt want to hurt the gals feelings so I decided to eat the food. Of course, trying to keep my portion size small is the goal. But with this kind of food, I swear that it makes you crave more....like a drug.
After all is said and done, today I feel like crap. I know that I am retaining water weight and feel sluggish. Why does Asian/Filipino Food have to be so bad? I know that not all asian or filipino food is bad, but the good stuff is what is usually ordered.
Well I guess I have to bust my butt this week to take away the damage that was caused on my first fathers day!

No comments:

Post a Comment