Thursday, April 21, 2011

Richard Villa's CrossFit Workout

I wanted to challenge my good friend Richard Villa (www.richardvilla.com) to a great workout called CrossFit. The name of the workout is called the Kristi *dont know why they called it that, but oh well. The workout is only 20 min long and can be done as fast or slow as you can. There are only 4 exercises in the workout so one would think it would be easy. Richard comes in and says, "I got it. I got it! Nothing but a peanut!" (quotes from former 8x Mr. Universe Ronnie Coleman)
So with that out of the way, here is the workout:
1. Pull-ups x 10 *lying down on smith machine
2. Push-ups x 10 *body weight
3. Squats on slam ball x 15 *drop 12' from floor
4. Full sit ups on mat x 15 *arms touch shoes

One full round of all these exercises are 1 set. I gave Richard the goal to finish the CrossFit Challenge with 12 sets. He finished with 11 but gave a very gutsy performance. Good job Richard!

No comments:

Post a Comment