Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Buff Bride


I got the special opportunity to watch a really great person reach their goals. As she tells me and says on her blog, http://www.inthenameoflove.org/, that she was "broken" growing up. She had grown up not having a lot in life. But through her parents, she is now a successful and well respected motivational and spiritual speaker.

Bianca Juarez is not like any client I have ever trained. She is very competitive and very TYPE A personality. She comes off strong and sometimes can be intimidating in the gym, so women will judge her as a mean girl or will be envious of her strength. But as a trainer, you love to have a client in front of you that is going to do whatever you tell them to and they if they cannot do 30 push ups in 40 seconds, they will do 30 push ups in 42 seconds! This girl doesn't give up.

One day Bianca challenged me to do one of the hardest workout circuits out there called Cross Fit (workouts that are finished by time and usually a competition to finish the fastest). This workout was so hard that I actually didn't want to start the workout because I didn't want to be too sore from it the next day. But I took on the challenge and started working out with her. Bianca didn't know how hard Cross Fit was but knew it was a hard workout and started before me. I remember looking over at her 30 seconds before the 20 min workout was done and while Bianca was almost done with her arm curls, she started to gag and almost throw up. I was about to rush over to her, but she just stuck with it and finished the final 40 seconds of the workout before going into the bathroom!

As of yesterday, Bianca is now happily married and will not be able to attend my Bootcamp's as often because she is moving in with her husband who lives out of my area. You know that she put in some hard work to look good in her wedding dress. I had the chance to call her the day of her wedding and would you believe it....she was on her way to the gym to get a "last chance workout!"

Congratulation Bianca the Buff Bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment