Sunday, May 30, 2010

Colorado Springs Workouts

I am in Colorado Springs visiting my wifes relatives who love to workout, but not inside the gym. I am so used to hitting the weights, bands, & fitness toys that I do not get to workout outside. My in laws know that I am a trainer & love to workout so when I came to visit they had planned a specific workout for me....The Incline. The Incline is a mile of stairs located on the side of a mountain 14,110 ft above sea level. Now the Incline is a mile of stairs that change 2,000 ft in elevation! So knowing this was my workout, I tried to use the stair climber in the gym & pay extra attention to step ups & lunges weeks before my trip. But I couldn't train for altitude differencial from flat Orange County to Colorado Springs!!!
So Friday morning was my challenge and I did better than I expected. I didn't break any wold records or beat my in laws time. But I finished the challenge & got praises from family.

No comments:

Post a Comment